The National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation, Community Transport Network (NATSICCTN) was formed on 10 April 2013.
It was established as the Aboriginal peak body for transport and access for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities across Australia.
NATSICCTN members work together as a collective voice to advocate on the issues of transport and access for Aboriginal people and communities.
NATSICCTN aims to broaden its reach and membership to include Aboriginal Community Transport representatives located in urban, regional and remote locations across other Australian states.
What We Do
As the peak body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander transport in Australia, the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation, Community Transport Network (NATSICCTN) aims to:
- Advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and transport providers on reducing transport disadvantage and brokering flexible, affordable, accessible and culturally appropriate solutions.
- Support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people working in the transport sector across the country.
- Increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment opportunities across the transport sector
- Enable Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to provide greater input into transport policies.
- Ensure a culturally appropriate response to community priorities, issues and concerns.
NATSICCTN’s work focuses on enabling transport providers to address the Closing the Gap priorities by ensuring that the transport sector recognises, acknowledges, values and respects Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledge and participation within the sector.
NSW Aboriginal Transport Network
The NSW Aboriginal Transport Network (NSWATN) is a member of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation, Community Transport Network (NATSICCTN) whose key strategic goals are:
- Providing support to the community transport sector,
- Advocating on behalf of Aboriginal communities and individuals across all transport related matters and
- Holding all levels of governments accountable for service delivery and planning.
With staff across NSW, NSWATN will work at all levels of government, to reduce transport disadvantage for Aboriginal people throughout the state.
Additionally, through direct links to Transport for NSW (TfNSW) and with our Executive Officer holding a position on the board of Community Transport Organisation (CTO), NSWATN is positioned to positively influence transport outcomes at a strategic level.
The approach of NSWATN is to develop future-thinking, innovative transport solutions to overcome transport disadvantage by brokering new and diverse transport solutions.